Friday, December 7, 2012

Of Love And Lies...

Wow. I am actually making an honest attempt to write again. If only I was so good with my college research...never mind that...lets pretend I never wrote that..

Today was one of those days that you remember forever. A day when I laughed so much that my stomach hurt and generally had a great time. Also a day where I learned the true meaning of "crossing the line". It started off with a brilliant theatre class. We were split into groups, picked a name for the group, a genre an then began to write a script. It was my first experience writing a script and I loved every minute of it. It was amazing how I could hear,feel and see each moment as we put it down on paper. I could hear the drop in her voice, feel the hurt in him when she decides to go away. I had a fellow classmate with me. She too loves theatre and it was lovely to watch our ideas resonate. We managed to bring together a rough script. In my head, I already had a lighting plan, the kind of costumes we could put together, the props. It was just so amazing. The emotion behind it all. I guess this is why I wish to do theatre, because it feels real. It perks me up, makes me come alive and I always want to give in my best... Our play has been called "Dear Diary"(haha). I will write more about the play once we have finalized more...I am just so excited about it...

Post college, I spend some time with a couple of friends. The 3 of us are actually an odd group. I know one of them for almost 14 years and the other one for just about 14 days or so. But we had a crazy time. We sat at a bar, sang some random songs, walked a great length for some cheesy nachos and eventually the 2 of us took the bus ride back home. It was during this bus ride that I discovered something about myself. I have a talent, a talent to piss people off. The bus ride lead to us calling a third friend, planning to meet for some ice cream and a promise to tell her some gossip. What started off as a narration eventually landed up in me putting my talent to full use.I decided to play a prank by saying that the boy(who was a jerk) she had been in love with for almost forever but who didn't give a damn about her existence is seeing someone else.My 14 year old friend accompanied me and soon the both of us were trying to keep a straight face as we fed her with random bits of information about this boy. We had no intention to hurt her, it was a practical joke gone too far. When we were out of ideas,we eventually said that it was a joke. Her reaction was not what we expected. She stormed out. We followed her, trying to explain that it was a joke,we knew nothing. She turned to me and said "You knew everything, you knew how I felt" and just went on walking. The both of us (that is the 2 jokers) decided its best we let her calm down and then we talk. But this got me to thinking about something someone else had told me a few months back about friends and practical jokes ; about how friends can kid around with each other. This incident reminded me of how angry I had got at someone when he played a random joke on me, ; i had got so angry that I almost broke off our friendship.
Moral of the story is that life runs like a cycle. It all comes back to someday, and that very day you need to face it. Needless to say, I had a great day but my own foolishness ruined the last bit. Though I will not let that spoil my mood, I am thinking About many things that I have said to someone in the last few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment