Monday, May 9, 2011

Angels, Fairies and Tinkerbell........









I love Peter Pan. It use to be one of my all time favorite fairy tales as a kid. I think the reason why I loved this story was because of all the fantasy in it. The flying, the fairies, pixie dust, all of that. Yes, I believe in fairies. And I also believe that "every time a child says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead."( As said by Peter Pan himself).
A couple of days back, I was lucky enough to watch the play "Peter Pan" at Prithvi Theatre as a part of the children summer festival. It brought back some crazy memories of me as a child, pretending to wave the magic wand or telling my friends how "my very own fairy god mother" visited me last night! Yes, my imagination did have a tendency to run wild. It still does actually, I have a hard time catching up with it...;)



I still believe in fairies and angels. Only now, I don't think they fly around invisible like Tinkerbell or the Tooth fairy. I think they are pretty much a part of our daily lives. We all have a fairy or an angel looking upon us at all time. It can be anybody..your friend, your parents,sibling or maybe just a random acquaintance. But  we all definitely  have one....:)
And yes, these angels are not always nice,they can be rude and nasty to but that's just for your own good. Don't confuse your best friend to be your angel! Your best friends will support you no matter what..even if you are doing something that may eventually harm you! Hey, I am not anti- best friend(my best friend,if you are reading this, I love you..:P),just that sometimes in the pressure to be your "always forever types" support, they forget that sometimes its fine if they remind you that the dress makes you look ugly, the guy is a jerk,you are wrong..!Just sometimes...!



On the other hand, your angel will be there for you but at the same time,remind you that what your are doing may give you "temporary"happiness but in the long run, it ain't good for you!Your angel is kind of a mother,friend and philosopher, all in one! She will be strict if you are goofing up way to much.She will listen to you irrespective of the fact that it must be the 100th time you are telling her the same story about the same problem!She can also be a source of great inspiration..!And she will guide you, like a mentor. In fact, the modern definition for your very own angel/fairy/ Tinker Bell is a mentor.The fun , always be with you, crazy time mentor, not the boring one. And hey, you can have loads of mentors, but just one Angel..one Fairy..and one Tinker Bell...:D









2 comments:

  1. sounds like you have the fairy/angel,mentor bit sorted ;) suppalike :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheh..thanks..kind of got that sorted months back...:D

    ReplyDelete